Nominations Committee Annual Report
17 June 2011
Posted by on
This is the third of three annual reports I wrote for the Eastern Counties Rugby 2010/11 Annual Report.
2010/11 ANNUAL REPORT
A number of Eastern Counties committee chairs had given notice that they would step down at the end of the 2010/11 season and a process needed to be put in place to find potential replacements. It was proposed that a Nominations Committee be established along the lines of the committee of the same name at the RFU and the following Terms of Reference were agreed:
- Annually evaluate, for the purpose of succession, the Chairman of the Management Committee, its members, and the Chairmen of the various Committees and Sub-Committees.
- Annually evaluate the potential and suitability of CB volunteers, not holding one of the appointments listed in Paragraph 1 above, for such appointments.
- Annually evaluate the potential and suitability of any person recommended for a position by a member of the Management Committee, as part of a succession- planning process.
- Annually recommend to the Management Committee nominations for the appointments listed above and that of President.
- Review assessments made by Chairmen of the various Committees and Sub Committees of the performance/contribution of CB volunteers who serve on those committees.
- Annually recommend to the Management Committee the appointment of CB volunteers to various Committees and Sub-Committees.
- Identify, provide and support CB Volunteers’ training requirements.
The committee membership was agreed as Bob Cranna, Jo Martin, Roger Pierson, Norman Potter, Andrew Sarek and Brian Williams.
A flyer advertising the vacant posts was circulated and a number of high-calibre candidates came forward and were interviewed. The Nominations Committee was able to recommend people to fill the posts of Chair of Community Rugby and Chair of Governance, and the newly created posts of Chair of the Performance Player Development Committee and Chair of the Club Player Development Committee. They also made recommendations for the Vice-Chair of the Performance Player Development Committee and the School of Rugby Manager. All of the recommendations were accepted.
This was a successful start to this embryonic committee and the principle of succession planning for Eastern Counties has been established.